College depression is a thing and I feel as though it has hit me full force. Quarter life crisis maybe? (is that a thing???) I realized that I have started to feel like a complacent robot. Balancing college, a job and volunteer work can make it really hard to include self-care in a routine. It is really important to not neglect yourself while doing this life thing.
I recommend you take a “MY DAY” each week. This could range anything from a few hours a day to a whole day where you just do things that make you feel happy and at ease. Take time to unplug from your stress and just do something to calm you. For me, that will be sleeping, watching a movie, getting my nails done or even a massage.
I was speaking to my friend today and she mentioned something that is very VITAL to self-care: POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS!!!! These are so important and they really do have an effect on your mood and performance. She inspired me to list out my affirmations for the month and it is my pleasure to share them with you!
- Today, I will practice peace
- I have no choice but to do it
- I am stronger than my troubles and fears
- I am FEARLESS
- I can do anything I set my mind to
- God has not given me the spirit of fear
- I am smart and successful
- I am carefree
- Every breath I inhales calms me and every exhale calms me
- I love myself deeply and unconditionally
- I am SO beautiful
- I am kind
- I am ENOUGH
- I love driving alone
- I believe in myself
- I am happy
- I am a conqueror
- I refuse to be discouraged
- I am independent of the good or bad opinions of others
- Against all odds, I shall rise
I am going to put these in a visible place and read them aloud every morning when I wake up and every night before bed.
There is power in the mind and the tongue, so I am going to speak positive, think positive and act positive.
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.” – God